Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.
Asheville, North Carolina USA
Creating 20th Century Models Using 21st Century Technology
Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc. Asheville, NC 28805
Ph.: (828) 777-5619 (10-5 M-F) Email: email@example.com
**AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 2020**
Southern and Norfolk Southern
GS50/G82 Wood Chip Hopper
Formerly produced by Crosstie Models (body casting made by Smoky Mtn Model Works), these popular kits sold quickly and have been out of stock since Summer 2018.
If you missed out last time, now is your chance to pick up a few of these sought-after models. These are LIMITED RUN KITS produced in batches based on market demand. **ONLY** available direct from SMMW.
Each kit includes:
- 1-piece cast urethane body (grey only)
- Etched metal crossover platforms
- Detail parts (brakes, ladders, stirrups, styrene strip)
- * Brass weight (was steel)
- * Phosphor Bronze wire for brake system (new)
- McHenry "Lower Shelf" couplers
- Accurail sideframes
- * Kadee 36" Code 88 wheelsets (was Intermountain)
- * Mini-CD packed with detailed instructions and prototype
photos to aid construction (was paper)
- Decals spanning 1985 to present, including AAR
(*) indicates change from previous kits
Order Kit #87-G7 for Southern decals
Order Kit #87-G8 for NS/N&W decals
Either kit is $60.00 plus shipping
(RTR models or kits with blue- or black-tinted castings are no longer offered.)
PLEASE READ THIS!
The January 23, 2020 pre-order date has passed but there are a few kits remaining due to some folks not honoring their commitment. Contact me via email (link is below) to check availability.
You can also click on the SMMW link which takes you to the main page.